This blog is something I do purely for entertainment.
Any reviews or recommendations I post are books I’ve personally chosen and enjoyed. They are based on my own preferences with the intent to promote stories, authors, and genres I genuinely love.
Therefore, I’m not accepting requests for book reviews by authors or publishers. Nor do I requests ARCs in exchange for reviews.
On the occasions that I recommend or promote products like, for example, collector’s items, merchandise, or specific book editions, they will be products I already own and purchased on my own initiative.
How I Rate Books
I rate on a scale of 1- 10 with 5 being the neutral middle ground. Personally, I feel the 1-5 star rating is too constricting and doesn’t allow enough nuance. With that said, it’s unlikely you’ll see me use any rating below 5. On this blog, I promote books I like.
My ratings are reasonably self-explanatory.
2. No. Just, no.
3. I didn’t have anything better to do, so I finished it.
4. It was decent.
It’s unlikely you’ll ever see me use these. Presumably, these are books I never finished.
5. It wasn’t a memorable read, but I probably enjoyed it.
This is my average. Any book rated 5 are books I enjoyed enough to finish but probably forgot about as soon as I closed the cover.
6. I had a good time, I’ll check out the author.
7. This was great; this book has earned the right to live in my bookcase.
These are books I thoroughly enjoyed but probably had issues with some aspects of the plot, writing, or characterization. Or, possibly, they were books that I thought were well-written but not to my taste.
8. I’m going to read every single book this author has ever written.
9. This was fantastic. Point the way to the collector’s edition/ companion/merchandise!
10. I will eject a shrine and read this book over and over until the day I die.
These are my favorites. My Holy Grail books that are given a place of honor in my bookcase.